Friday 28 March 2014

The never ending knitting. ah ahaaah ah ah aaah ah ah aaaaah!

Hello once again,  my dwindling faithful readership.

Some good news since I last wrote.  We now have wifi at home!  So I may be able to update slightly more frequently - schedule permitting of course.

And of course,  it hasn't been.  So I am still writing this on the bus.

The month has been chockablock with preparation for Eastercon,  editing and the like,  about which you can read more about on the 'What's New' section of my fairly recently revamped website www.donna-scott.co.uk.

Over the past two weeks I have made a couple of trips to London. Once for the Clarke Award shortlist party and once to interview my guests Gaie Sebold and Paul Kincaid for the BSFA open evening.  All jolly good fun. With frugal hat on I made use of a £16 voucher bought for £ 8,  Network Railcard and Quidco cash back to make these journeys as cheap as possible.

With unfrugal hat on, I decided to shell out for a Weight Watchers subscription.  My Fitness Pal is ace, and totally free,  but the psychological advantage of having paid for my journey back to fitness means I am concentrating on it a bit more.

I have also taken advantage of free delivery and ten quid off to stockpile some Filling and Healthy foodstuffs. Feeling much better about myself already,  just a week into it. If I manage to dip below 10 stone by May I am promising myself sewing lessons.

Craft wise, I am knitting against the aging process!



...what I mean is I am making a present for a baby and the child is already 2 months old. It's like the Paula Abdul of knitting projects as I knit 2 rows forward and then undo a row back.

I've also been making nice jewellery cards such as the one below.

Right,  about to run out of signal. Eek!

1 comment: