Monday 12 August 2013

Images from the Bardic Picnic 2013

Once again, my hectic work schedule has meant I am only posting about an event a week after it happened, but it was a fantastic time indeed - the best Bardic Picnic so far! Well done to the Bardic Chair and Umbrella Fair Organisation for putting on such a cool, chilled, family-friendly free community event.
 
Well done also to Peter James Norman who became the 5th Bard of Northampton - my dynasty is strong! Also to Millie who became the second ever Young Bard.
 
 
I have many happy memories of the Bardic Picnic - the one two years ago was the last fun time I had with my mom and my family all together before we knew she was ill. It's important to make the most of your family, friends and life, and the Bardic Picnic is an example of the sort of thing that only happens because someone cares, because they want to put in the effort, and because they are expecting no further reward than the sight of joy in others. Love you, smiley, happy, hippy people!

my friend Alan went in for the Bardic competition
Alan had a contingent of Alan fans, all bedecked in the Alan beards and Alan vests
Jasmine Shadrack - gorgeous voice!
The drizzles cleeared quite quickly and crowds began to gather.

Joolz Denby and Mik Davis were fantastic

Peter James Norman does his stuff

The Anti-Poet succumbed to the crowd's pleas for 'Tights Not Stockings'!

Peter is stuck on the very high Bardic Chair. We've all been there...

 

Someone did take photos of me and put them all over his website, but frankly, yuk. Poetry gives you triple chins. Be warned, young Padawan!

No comments:

Post a Comment